Monday, June 9, 2014

Solid Chrome! (Another Forgotten Hits Exclusive!)

No, California Chrome didn't win Racing's Triple Crown this past weekend ... 

But Tommy Roe, good sport that he is, sent us the "Winning Version" of his new song anyway, to share as a Collectors' Item exclusively with our readers.  (You won't hear this one playing anywhere else ... but hopefully some of the jocks on the list will continue to play the pre-race version a little while longer!) 

Kent ...
Well, some things just aren't meant to be, and so it was on Saturday with "California Chrome." I must say though, Chrome re-connected me with my old pal Mike Borchetta and we totally enjoyed writing the song together. Mike and I go back to the 60's when we owned horses together and he was the genius promotion man behind my hits "Sweet Pea," "Hooray For Hazel," "Dizzy," and "Jam Up And Jelly Tight."
We both like to say we have retired from the business, but when an opportunity comes along like "California Chrome", we will jump back in with both feet and give it a go.
Anyway, how can you not love the music business. (Notice I said music business not record business.) It makes us smile, dance, have a good time, and that's what it's all about.
I noticed in your blog that you had some requests by some of your readers who wanted to hear the version of "California Chrome" had he won ... so I have attached a copy to this email as a collectors item.  It's too bad he couldn't pull off the win, but we rock on anyway, and it's been fun.
All the best my friend,
Tommy  


Thanks, Tommy ...I was hoping we'd still get a chance to hear it!  
It was fun being able to help out with this one ...
Like I said, VERY timely and topical ...
Of course it would have been even cooler had he actually won!  (lol)  
Fans will appreciate this one-of-a-kind collectors' item exclusive ... so thanks again.  
And seriously, we have GOT to get you out to Chicago for a show.  I've been asking around but just haven't found any "takers" yet ...
But I'm sure we can make it happen. 
Take care. 
kk